From the brand that rocks the world, a career that rocks yours!
POSITION: Lead Laundry Attendant
PROPERTY: Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Lake Tahoe
REPORTS TO: Hotel Operations Manager
The Lead Laundry Attendant is responsible for managing the operations of the Laundry department for the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe with established policies and procedures. This position ensures that the used and dirty linens are collected and washed from guests, rooms and other parts of the hotels.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
- Monitor daily operation of Laundry to ensure that proper procedures are followed and that service is in accordance with established standards.
- Hire, train, motivate, evaluate and manage personnel to ensure proper staffing and that employees receive adequate guidance and resources to perform job responsibilities in accordance with the department objectives.
- Quality monitoring of Laundry Attendants and provide coaching and feedback.
- Counting and collecting the linens from different parts of the hotel.
- Wash, dry, iron and fold collected linens.
- Deliver the clean linen back to the respective places in which it was collected.
- Maintain a record of the inventory of cleaning products.
- Clean and maintain the laundry equipment and laundry carts.
- Inform supervisor of any missing articles.
Must have ability to:
- Able to work independently.
- Review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
- Manage multiple priorities.
- Observe and direct actions of subordinates.
- Communicate effectively with customers as well as all levels of employees.
- Carry heavy loads of linen around the hotel to the laundry department.
- Understand the usage of the equipment to include washing machines and dryers.
- Work in an environment where it is wet and humid.
- Stand, walk, and remain on feet and perform duties throughout entire shift.
Minimum of one year in a supervisory capacity with experience in a hotel/casino laundry environment strongly preferred.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Lake Tahoe.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.
The Hard Rock Casino Lake Tahoe-- System of Internal Control
Everyone has a part in the internal control system at Hard Rock Casino. The roles vary depending upon what level of responsibility and the nature of involvement by the individual. Hard Rock Casino’ system of internal control integrates the activities, plans, attitudes, policies, skills and efforts of its associates working together to provide reasonable assurance that Hard Rock Casino will achieve its objectives and mission. Each Team Member is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of Hard Rock Casino
Please contact our recruiter to follow- up on your application at 775.589.7762