From the brand that rocks the world, a career that rocks yours! CHEF DE CUISINE
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING)
- Assign, in detail, specific duties to all employees under supervision for efficient operation of kitchen. Train and supervise kitchen staff in the proper preparation of menu items.
- Assist in preparation of food items according to standard recipes and/or as specified on guest check to ensure consistency of product to the guest.
- Ensure proper receiving, storage and rotation of food products so as to comply with regulations.
- Adhere to control procedures for cost and quality.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to read and utilize math skills for recipes, measurements and food requests.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff. Assign and instruct staff in details of work. Observe performance and encourage improvement. Monitor level of workload and make staffing adjustments accordingly.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in order to complete inventories, requisitions and communicate with other employees.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to ascertain and document important information, to follow written and/or verbal instructions and to provide clear direction, instruction and guidance to staff. Ability to relate to all levels of management, guests and employees in verbal/written form.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to comprehend and follow written and/or verbal instructions from management, guests and employees.
- Communicate with supervisor throughout the shift.
- Ability to perform duties within hot to normal to cold temperature ranges.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hand in order to use knives and kitchen tools.
- Ability to operate kitchen equipment including: steamer, deep fryer, ovens, broilers, and grills.
- Ability to grasp, bend, lift and/or carry 60 lbs. max, or otherwise, move or push goods on a hand cart or 4-decker weighing a maximum of 300 lbs.
- Ability to sit and work 50% of the time.
- Perform tasks requiring standing, bending, stooping, kneeling and walking significant distances (up to 1 mile per shift) within the facility.
- Ability to work in unfavorable conditions which can occasionally be hot, noisy and wet.
- Ability to organize/prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Directs and actively participates with staff to complete all job assignments.
- Ability to exercise judgement and implement control over the performance of staff.
- Supervise all staff including training, counseling and discipline.
- Adheres to control procedure for food costs, labor costs, and quality.
- Ability to deal with a number of problems requiring initiative and good judgement.
Nevada Food Handlers card
TYPICAL PHYSICAL / MENTAL DEMANDS
[Type a description of the typical physical and mental demands a candidate can expect to assume in this position, using the Details style. Example this may include the use of computers, standing 8 hours daily, ability to communicate in English]
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITION:
[Type a description of the typical working conditions including but not limited to the environment or setting the candidate can expect to work in this position. Example: Work is performed in an office space environment in a limited access of space: contact with department heads, staff and management; and ability to tolerate varying conditions of noise level, temperature, illumination and air quality. ]
Ability to obtain/renew all government required licenses or certification. [Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Non-Gaming Work Permit; Clark County Health Card]
Any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
The Hard Rock Casino Lake Tahoe-- System of Internal Control
Everyone has a part in the internal control system at Hard Rock Casino. The roles vary depending upon what level of responsibility and the nature of involvement by the individual. Hard Rock Casino’ system of internal control integrates the activities, plans, attitudes, policies, skills and efforts of its associates working together to provide reasonable assurance that Hard Rock Casino will achieve its objectives and mission. Each Team Member is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of Hard Rock Casino