From the brand that rocks the world, a career that rocks yours!
The incumbent in this position is responsible for performing varied cashier functions in a pleasant, efficient, and honest manner.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
- Cash checks, cashier checks, coins, or chips for customers and Team Members.
- Handle large amounts of money, accounting for total funds received throughout the day, at the end of each day.
- Exchange foreign currency for customers.
- Perform numerous telephone functions to and from central credit, other casinos, and departments within the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe.
- Maintain accountability over a cashier drawer.
- Perform all duties in a confidential manner. Is knowledgeable and adheres to Title 31.
- Encourage customers to use the Backstage Pass, which entails explaining how to use the card as well as the advantages of its use.
- Effectively explain complimentary structure and how to qualify for different levels of complimentary.
- Issue complimentary based upon qualified play.
- Maintain database such as updating of customer records and flagging of duplicate accounts.
- Help coordinate all Backstage Pass promotions as well as slot tournaments.
- Help with maintenance and inventory control of Backstage Pass merchandise and supplies.
- May distribute promotional material per promotion guidelines.
Must have ability to:
- Spend the majority of shift on the casino floor, and is subject to varying levels of crowds, noise levels, and smoke, the severity of which depends upon customer volume.
- Communicate effectively with customers at all times, as well as with all levels of Team Members.
- Effectively and efficiently move around the Cage.
- Use computer keyboard, 10-key, calculator, Jetsort machine, etc.
- Identify and accurately cash different denominations of gaming tokens, cash currency, checks, etc.
- Retrieve and move coin bags and racks of chips which may weigh as much as 50 pounds throughout 8 hour shift.
- Balance bank at end of shift.
- Perform basic mathematical functions.
Qualifications are typically acquired through two months of on the job training, or through related experience.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every Team Member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Lake Tahoe.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the Team Member’s department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.
The Hard Rock Casino Lake Tahoe-- System of Internal Control
Everyone has a part in the internal control system at Hard Rock Casino. The roles vary depending upon what level of responsibility and the nature of involvement by the individual. Hard Rock Casino’ system of internal control integrates the activities, plans, attitudes, policies, skills and efforts of its associates working together to provide reasonable assurance that Hard Rock Casino will achieve its objectives and mission. Each Team Member is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of Hard Rock Casino
Please contact our recruiter to follow- up on your application at 775.589.7762