From the brand that rocks the world, a career that rocks yours!
The incumbent in this position is responsible for directing the preparation and ordering of all foods during assigned shift, ensuring that all foods are of the highest quality and that all operations are efficient and effective.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
- Maintain department objectives, standards, guidelines and budget to ensure proper management of department.
- Monitor and evaluate food purchasing, staffing, food production and food inventory in order to control food and labor costs and waste, ensuring adherence to budget.
- Hire, train, motivate, evaluate, and manage staff to ensure that employees receive adequate guidance and resources to accomplish established objectives.
- Monitor and evaluate food preparation by observing cooking techniques and tasting results to ensure food quality and consistency according to standards.
- Inspect restaurant kitchen areas and makes decisions for necessary corrective actions in order to maintain company and health department standards and avoid risk for citation and bad press.
- Work with Room Chef to analyze food costs and forecast business trends in order to make recommendations for revision of menu prices that will most appropriately meet company goals.
Must have ability to:
- Operate in a working environment that is subject to varying levels of cold, heat, and noise. Incumbents are at times subjected to hazards such as burns and the dangers associated with heavy duty cutlery.
- Use all tools associated with the position, including but no limited to knives, slicers, and choppers.
- Communicate effectively at all times, with all levels of employees.
- Observe and direct actions of subordinates and to inspect any areas for which responsible.
- Review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
- Effectively and efficiently move around kitchen and restaurant areas.
- Work physical in nature and requires physical mobility, including but not limited to bending, carrying, climbing, reaching, and twisting. These actions are required in order to monitor food preparation and inspect restaurant kitchen areas.
- Prepare all varieties of meat including veal, pork, beef, lamb, poultry, game and seafood.
Must have own tools. Knowledge of and ability to prepare stocks, soups and mother sauces. Complete understanding of all operations of the kitchen, kitchen equipment and sanitation. Demonstrated organizational skills, budgeting experience, and full understanding of financial reports. Previous supervisory experience. These skills and abilities are typically acquired through a minimum of ten years progressive experience in a multi-outlet operation, or through completion of culinary arts degree or recognized apprenticeship and 6 years progressive experience in a multi-outlet operation.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Lake Tahoe.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.
The Hard Rock Casino Lake Tahoe-- System of Internal Control
Everyone has a part in the internal control system at Hard Rock Casino. The roles vary depending upon what level of responsibility and the nature of involvement by the individual. Hard Rock Casino’ system of internal control integrates the activities, plans, attitudes, policies, skills and efforts of its associates working together to provide reasonable assurance that Hard Rock Casino will achieve its objectives and mission. Each Team Member is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of Hard Rock Casino
Please contact our recruiter to follow- up on your application at 775.589.7762