From the brand that rocks the world, a career that rocks yours!
The incumbent in this position is responsible for managing the day-to-day functionality of all network-related hardware and software.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all-inclusive for specific positions.)
- Work with management team and property staff to discuss system requirements, proposed changes, priorities, schedules and service standards; works with Manager to achieve strategic, long range goals; consults with Manager on equipment performance, output quality and maintenance schedule.
- Evaluate workload and capacity of computer systems to determine feasibility of expanding or enhancing computer operations; recommends improvements in computer systems.
- Assist Manager in the layout and installation of new systems, future network implementations or modifications of existing systems. Including leading and supervising IT techs and other resources to accomplish goals and finalize projects in a timely manner that is subject to deadlines.
- Work with Manager to create, maintain and test an effective disaster recover plan for the property; conducts periodic testing of disaster recovery plan, including routine restoration of system backups. Responsible for ensuring proper pickup and deliver of off-site tape backups.
- Responsible for configuring system access for all users and all systems in conjunction with the Manager. Also assists and updates in the creating SOP’s for said systems.
- Assign, Assume & Complete helpdesk tickets in a timely manner.
Must have ability to:
- Operate in a working environment that is subject to varying levels of noise, vibration and smoke. Persons in this position are at times subjected to hazards such as paper dust and building construction related hazards.
- Assimilate information and clearly communicate with users, management staff and outside sources of information.
- Review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
- Work physical in nature and requires physical mobility including but not limited to balancing, bending, carrying, climbing, crawling and reaching. These actions are required in order to install and replace terminals, printers & other IT related peripherals.
- Perform work on-property during and outside of regularly scheduled shifts as business and departmental situations dictate.
- Takes lead when IS Manager is not present to solution issues directly related to Systems & Network components.
Demonstrated knowledge of data center procedures required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008-2012.
- Strong knowledge of AD DS, DHCP, DNS, RADIUS, Terminal Services, IIS, Exchange (O365) & SQL in an Enterprise level datacenter.
- Strong knowledge of virtualization software and standards for VMware.
- Strong knowledge of Networking Fundamentals including TCPIP, VLAN, Routing, Firewalls, Security, Port Forwarding, LAN, WAN, VMware & WiFi.
- Strong knowledge in the following network manufactures standards and protocols: Cisco, HP, SonicWALL & Dell.
- Strong knowledge of network security & standards.
- Strong knowledge in running and terminating low voltage cables: Cat5e, Cat3 & fiber optics.
- Preferred knowledge of the following systems: Micros POS (Simphony 1.6), Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains, Oasis 360, Symantec Backup Exec & Symantec End Point Manager.
- Strong verbal and communication skills as well as a very good work and organizational ethic.
- Willing and able to work with outside vendors to resolute problems according to maintenance contracts that Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe has purchased.
- Be available to be on call 24/7 according to a rotating schedule. Willing and able to work holidays and weekends as needed to accomplish the General Accountabilities outlined above.
- These skills and abilities are typically acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree in management information systems or computer science, or equivalent training; preferably MCSE certified. Or equivalent on job experience.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a Nevada Gaming Board License.
The Hard Rock Casino Lake Tahoe-- System of Internal Control
Everyone has a part in the internal control system at Hard Rock Casino. The roles vary depending upon what level of responsibility and the nature of involvement by the individual. Hard Rock Casino’ system of internal control integrates the activities, plans, attitudes, policies, skills and efforts of its associates working together to provide reasonable assurance that Hard Rock Casino will achieve its objectives and mission. Each Team Member is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of Hard Rock Casino
Please contact our recruiter to follow- up on your application at 775.589.7762