From the brand that rocks the world, a career that rocks yours!
Provide excellent service to all guests while taking and serving beverage orders. Handle all financial transactions accurately. Effectively market the venue during shift. Perform all duties in accordance with Company policies.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
- Market the venue and services offered to a targeted customer base. Perform as in a public relations capacity when promoting the venue.
- Serve as an Ambassador of the Company while working special/promotional events on property as directed by management.
- Assist in building and maintaining a personal clientele and developing the Company database.
- Meet marketing requirements established by management.
- Greet and welcome all guests in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Provide timely beverage service in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Anticipate guest needs and respond appropriately with a sense of urgency.
- May be required to serve limited menu of food items.
- Keep assigned areas clean and empty of glasses and bottles.
- Perform all side-work at assigned station.
- Constantly look for service opportunities and increase revenue with up-selling techniques.
- Respond to and resolve guest complaints when able.
- Answer guest questions and be knowledgeable about property events and attractions.
- Meet the attendance guidelines of the job and adhere to Departmental, and Company policies.
- Adhere to uniform requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Must be able to:
- Stand for entire shift
- Access service area when picking up beverage orders
- Converse over the telephone in an environment with loud background noise
- Lift and carry 20 pounds
- Stoop, bend and reach
- Write drink orders, prepare drinks and garnish beverage orders
- Acknowledge and respond to visual and aural cues
- Simultaneously handle the demands of many customers
- Tolerate work areas containing second hand smoke, high noise levels and bright lights
Minimum one year of previous beverage server experience preferred. Must be able to initiate and engage in conversation in a professional and friendly manner. Must possess excellent guest relations and communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate in English. Must be self-motivated and possess a positive attitude and entrepreneurial experience or spirit and be willing to learn service philosophy and marketing techniques. Must be able to get along with coworkers and work as a team. Must present a well groomed appearance. Previous experience working in a lounge, nightclub, and/or entertainment venue preferred. Must be at least twenty-one years of age.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Lake Tahoe.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.
The Hard Rock Casino Lake Tahoe-- System of Internal Control
Everyone has a part in the internal control system at Hard Rock Casino. The roles vary depending upon what level of responsibility and the nature of involvement by the individual. Hard Rock Casino’ system of internal control integrates the activities, plans, attitudes, policies, skills and efforts of its associates working together to provide reasonable assurance that Hard Rock Casino will achieve its objectives and mission. Each Team Member is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of Hard Rock Casino
Please contact our recruiter to follow- up on your application at 775.589.7762