From the brand that rocks the world, a career that rocks yours!
The incumbent in this position is responsible for generating new group business and developing and maintaining existing clientele as well as on-site management of each group; Responsibilities also include generating hotel and casino business by selling property facilities and services to potential clients. This position will be home based in the territory from Sacramento to the Bay Area.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all-inclusive for specific positions.)
- Responsible to solicit and book new midweek business with rooms and food and beverage revenues. Heavy emphasis will be in-market personal sales calls and entertaining appointments.
- Responsible for maintaining existing clients/groups as determined by DOS.
- Write contracts and proposals following solicitation of customers to formally document oral agreements and terms.
- Maintain communication with clients in order to ensure that signed contracts, deposits, credit applications, rooming lists and any other pertinent information is received and handled in a timely manner.
- Manage and monitor group bookings to ensure that all group specifications are arranged in a timely manner and coordinated appropriately with other departments to ensure client satisfaction.
- Meet and entertain prospective clients in order to influence potential clients to consider the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Lake Tahoe for their groups. Sales Manager will accompany client to property for site inspections and FAM Trips.
- Actively participate in local and national industry related activities on behalf of the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Lake Tahoe.
- Participate in trade shows and sales trips on behalf of the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Lake Tahoe.
Must have ability to:
- Communicate effectively with outside contacts as well as all levels of employees.
- Review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
Broad understanding of hotel group sales strategies and techniques required. Knowledge of casino industry and marketing helpful. Excellent communication and time management skills. This knowledge and these skills are typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, hotel management, or related field, or a minimum of three years of related sales experience, preferably in the hotel/resort industry.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Lake Tahoe.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
- Have knowledge of the Hotel’s programs to address problem gambling.
- Consults with the appropriate individuals and maintains and effective system of written policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure compliance with Nevada Gaming Regulations and Minimum Internal Control Standards.
- Takes the appropriate steps to investigate exceptions, fraud, and potential violations and report such instances to the appropriate levels of management.
- Reports items addressed by the “Compliance Questionnaire” as they occur to the Compliance Officer or his designate.
- Reports any acts of wrongdoing on behalf of any staff member that they have knowledge of.
The Hard Rock Casino Lake Tahoe-- System of Internal Control
Everyone has a part in the internal control system at Hard Rock Casino. The roles vary depending upon what level of responsibility and the nature of involvement by the individual. Hard Rock Casino’ system of internal control integrates the activities, plans, attitudes, policies, skills and efforts of its associates working together to provide reasonable assurance that Hard Rock Casino will achieve its objectives and mission. Each Team Member is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of Hard Rock Casino