From the brand that rocks the world, a career that rocks yours!
Responsible for coordinating and managing all functions pertaining to General Ledger, Payroll, Revenue/Casino Audit, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets and Soft Count. Responsible for establishing appropriate policies, procedures and controls of the Company to be consistent with General Accepted Accounting Principles
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for supervising staff and the overall daily management of A/P, GL, Payroll, Accounting, Count Teams.
• Develops, implements and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
• Create effective and efficient schedules, while maintaining labor costs, meeting staffing objectives and achieving guest satisfaction
• Responsible for assisting in the budget process for the department and provide recommendations; ensuring compliance to departmental budget initiatives; reporting budget concerns to manager.
• Establishes, or recommends to management, economic strategies, objectives, and policies for company.
• Prepares monthly financial statement in accordance with GAAP. Including review and audit of account analysis, cash management and revenue audit.
• Ensures timely audits of revenue accounting.
• Prepares reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
• Provides management with timely review of organization’s financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
• Coordinates with external audit firm for quarterly reviews and annual audits as required
• Directs determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets.
• Advises management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions.
• Arranges for audits of company’s accounts.
• Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies.
• Examines accounts and records and computes taxes owed according to prescribed rates, laws, and regulations.
• Completes form for tax refunds; ensures that organization complies with tax payment, information reporting, and other taxing authority requirements.
• Collects and analyzes records of present and past operations, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenues, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred to project future revenues and expenses.
• Maintains Financial Accounting, Accounts Payable, Fixed Asset, Payroll, and gaming systems which provide control of revenues and expenditures.
• Develops and implements cost control measures.
• Advises management on matters such as effective use of resources and assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
• Interprets budgets to management.
• Works with management in strategic planning or new product development.
• Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise. Responsible for the overall achievement of department customer service goals.
• Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to Executive Management / CFO.
• Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
• Ensures the integrity of all financial data produced by the revenue and cost center departments
• Directs review of monthly financial statements and internal control evaluations
• Reviews daily financial reports to verify accuracy
• Ensures adequate controls over the Soft Count and Drop/Count
• Plans for adequate staffing levels by monitoring performance and selecting, training, scheduling, evaluating, and promoting Team Members
• Facilitates the flow of information by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled operational and back-of-the-house departmental meetings
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Must be a minimum of 21 years of age or older upon employment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance from a four-year college or university
• Minimum of five years’ experience in a gaming institution, or hospitality industries and with at least five years in a supervisory or management role.
• Knowledge of casino accounting procedures is required
• Knowledge of Nevada taxes, licenses and regulatory requirements is preferred
• CPA preferred
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills required
• Strong PC skills required
• Strong Excel skills required
• Must be a self-motivator
• Must be detail and result oriented
• Possess excellent math and technical financial analytical skills
• Knowledge of Financial/Accounting software, budgeting software, Excel spreadsheets, Experience with Great Plains, ADP, Kronos and Oasis systems a plus.
• Professional appearance standards
• Must present a well-groomed and professional appearance.
• Must possess excellent communication skills.
• Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English. Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
• Ability to write routine correspondence and to speak effectively to the public, employees and customers.
• Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the customers and employees.
• Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
• Must be able to be approved for and maintain a valid gaming license.
• Work nights, weekends and holidays as required.
• Employment is contingent upon a favorable outcome of a background investigation and drug screening
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke, high noise levels, bright lights and dust.
• Must be able to stand, walk, and move through all areas of the casino.
• Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast-paced, casino environment and effectively deal with customers, management, employees, and members of the business community in all situations.
The Hard Rock Casino Lake Tahoe-- System of Internal Control
Everyone has a part in the internal control system at Hard Rock Casino. The roles vary depending upon what level of responsibility and the nature of involvement by the individual. Hard Rock Casino’ system of internal control integrates the activities, plans, attitudes, policies, skills and efforts of its associates working together to provide reasonable assurance that Hard Rock Casino will achieve its objectives and mission. Each Team Member is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of Hard Rock Casino
Please contact our recruiter to follow- up on your application at 775.589.7762