From the brand that rocks the world, a career that rocks yours!
The position is responsible for the gathering and production of all property analysis for timely presentation to management. All duties are to be performed within the guidelines of HRLT policies and procedures, Internal Control Standards and objectives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinate and support business and financial planning, including short and long term financial forecasting.
• Develop and maintain databases for financial, gaming, marketing, staffing and other statistical data.
• Develop and generate necessary daily/weekly/monthly financial, gaming, marketing, staffing and other statistical reports and analyses.
• Assist in the development and monitoring of staffing levels, labor productivity and service level agreements.
• Develop appropriate financial and operating metrics for use by management in decision making.
• Evaluate and develop financial analysis tools to assess growth, investment or liquidation options.
• Participate in the assessment of current systems and business processes for adequacy and consistency.
• Support review meetings with managers to identify and implement process improvements.
• Communicate effectively with all levels of management.
• Develop historical, current and potential future trend analysis.
• Operational and capital budget preparation
• Ad hoc financial and statistical analysis
• Utilize data warehouse to build operational analyses (i.e. mathematical programming) and models to optimize gaming floor.
• Prepare on-request analysis related to all aspects of player reinvestment and profitability including comping activity, direct mail programs, special events, host performance, hotel yielding, resource yielding, and slot and table game yielding decisions.
• Help design, create and maintain summary reports to track performance in the above areas.
• Partner with Gaming operations teams to optimize gaming floor mix.
• Partner with Marketing to monitor and ascertain performance of players across tiers and across frequency, loyalty, and monetary worth levels.
• Partner with Gaming Operations and Marketing to identify trends and opportunities to drive incremental profit through the delivery of actionable business intelligence.
• Organize & analyze Casino revenue data to enable data-driven decision making.
• Work closely with the Directors of Marketing, F&B and Hotel to analyze and understand client and business needs.
• Day to day analysis and management of change requests in relation to the project plans to ensure agreed deadlines are met.
• Create and maintain documentation that serves as a knowledge base for the development of the Casino’s business
• Analyze and interpret slot and table related performance data for the development, implementation and evaluation of operational programs.
• Creates queries and reports using Access, Excel, SQL and other tools.
• Ensures the integrity of the data and investigates and resolves issues involving data quality.
• Serves as a liaison with Casino Audit with regard to gaming operations requirements.
• Provides system processes and procedures for new program implementations.
• Provides weekly and monthly summaries in the area of slot and table performance.
• Maintains confidentiality and is an outstanding example of and a credit to HRLT
• Provides exceptional customer service to all patrons and communicates in a pleasant, friendly, and professional manner at all times. Maintains a professional work environment with supervisors and staff.
• Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
• Attends all necessary training meetings.
• Duties, responsibilities, requirements and expectations pertaining to this job are subject to change as needed. Hours are determined by 24-hour schedule.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or older upon employment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics or related field required
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills required
• 2-5 years’ experience in Finance or Accounting; casino experience preferred
• Strong PC skills required
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills required
• Must be a self-motivator
• Must be detail and result oriented
• Possess excellent math, statistical and technical financial analytical skills
• Knowledge of Financial/Accounting software, budgeting software, Excel spreadsheets, SQL and Access. Experience with ADP, Kronos and Oasis systems a plus.
• Professional appearance standards
• Must present a well-groomed and professional appearance.
• Must possess excellent communication skills.
• Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English. Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
• Ability to write routine correspondence and to speak effectively to the public, employees and customers.
• Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the customers and employees.
• Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
• Must be able to be approved for and maintain a valid gaming license.
• Work nights, weekends and holidays as required.
• Employment is contingent upon a favorable outcome of a background investigation and drug screening
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke, high noise levels, bright lights and dust.
• Must be able to stand, walk, and move through all areas of the casino.
• Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast-paced, casino environment and effectively deal with customers, management, employees, and members of the business community in all situations.
The Hard Rock Casino Lake Tahoe-- System of Internal Control
Everyone has a part in the internal control system at Hard Rock Casino. The roles vary depending upon what level of responsibility and the nature of involvement by the individual. Hard Rock Casino’ system of internal control integrates the activities, plans, attitudes, policies, skills and efforts of its associates working together to provide reasonable assurance that Hard Rock Casino will achieve its objectives and mission. Each Team Member is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of Hard Rock Casino
Please contact our recruiter to follow- up on your application at 775.589.7762