The incumbent in this position is responsible for a section or area of slots, as assigned, and
directs the activities in this area.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
- Ensure assigned area is neat and clean.
- Monitor slot equipment in order to maintain proper use and maintenance.
- Monitor and pay jackpots and fills slot machines.
- Enroll gaming patrons in player’s club.
- Assist Slot Floor Supervisor with fills and maintenance of all change machines.
Must have ability to:
- Work and communicate effectively at all times with all levels of employees and customers.
- Requires the ability to distinguish between different denominations of currency in order to pay off jackpots.
- Review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
- Effectively and efficiently move around work area.
- Lift and move up to 20 pounds.
- Provides change for Casino Patrons.
- Spend majority of shift on the casino floor, and is subject to varying levels of crowds, noise levels, and smoke, the severity of which depends upon customer volume.
Demonstrated familiarity with Slot Operations and knowledge of how slot machines operate preferred. On-the-job training will be provided. Must have possess excellent guest service skills.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Lake Tahoe.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.