From the brand that rocks the world, a career that rocks yours!
The incumbent in this position is responsible for setting, striking and assisting banquet captains in daily needs of events and weekly inventory.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
- Check BEO’s for daily event set up, service, and strike, also checks BEO’s for set up requirements for the rest of the week.
- Check Banquet storage area and cage daily to maintain organization and inventory levels. Does weekly inventory on all china, glassware and flatware.
- Take weekly repairs and maintenance to engineering to maintain equipment in working order.
- Clean and organize banquet kitchen. Cleans and organizes storage. Check light bulbs and vacuums floor in ballroom.
- Does weekly checklist on repairs and maintenance needed for ballrooms.
- Act as a representative of the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Lake Tahoe by providing information on all aspects of company services and facilities.
Must have ability to:
- Transport heavy equipment through out property moving equipment and tables needed to service banquet events.
- Operate cleaning equipment, pallet jacks, and kitchen equipment.
- Review and comprehend any necessary documentation.
- Stand throughout an eight-hour shift.
- Effectively and efficiently move throughout the banquet and the kitchen area.
- Communicate effectively with customers and co-workers alike.
- Speak English.
- Follow diagrams and specific instructions.
Effective written and verbal communication skills essential as majority of work time is spent interacting with Banquet Captain and Clients. These skills and abilities are typically acquired through minimum of three years progressive restaurant experience.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Lake Tahoe.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.
The Hard Rock Casino Lake Tahoe-- System of Internal Control
Everyone has a part in the internal control system at Hard Rock Casino. The roles vary depending upon what level of responsibility and the nature of involvement by the individual. Hard Rock Casino’ system of internal control integrates the activities, plans, attitudes, policies, skills and efforts of its associates working together to provide reasonable assurance that Hard Rock Casino will achieve its objectives and mission. Each Team Member is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of Hard Rock Casino