From the brand that rocks the world, a career that rocks yours!
The incumbent in this position is responsible for managing all aspects of the Coffee Corner for the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Lake Tahoe in accordance with corporate policy; responsible for achieving revenue and customer service objectives; maintaining departmental policies and procedures; assist in developing and monitoring departmental budget to ensure profitable operation of Starbucks.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
1. Ensure departmental standards, guidelines and objectives are met. Maintain other administrative processes, such as budget and staffing to ensure proper planning and efficient operation of assigned areas.
2. Hire, train, motivate, and manage staff to ensure proper staffing and that employees receive adequate guidance and resources to perform job responsibilities and meet departmental objectives.
3. Monitor and evaluate the Coffee Corner on a daily basis to ensure that customer needs are met and that retail shops are operating on a profitable basis.
4. On a daily basis, maintains inventories at an acceptable level based upon historical seasonal sales records.
5. Assist in developing and creating merchandise displays that will lead to improved sales.
6. Responsible for the security and accuracy of assigned bank and is accountable for any and all overages and shortages.
7. Process invoices, packing slips, receiving documents, short shipments and skuing conflicts.
8. Conduct periodic inventories of merchandise and equipment in accordance with prescribed schedules; prepares required reports and acts as a liaison with retail shop supervisors of other hotels to ensure that the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe is employing the latest merchandising techniques.
Must have ability to:
Knowledge of the management and operations of a retail outlet. Knowledge of AS400 and Infogenesis.These skills and abilities are typically acquired through the completion of a bachelors degree in business administration, fashion merchandise, or related, in addition to a minimum of two years of supervisory/management experience in a retail operation, or through the completion of a high school degree or equivalent and three years experience in retail operations, two years of which must have been in a supervisory/managerial position.
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
The Hard Rock Casino Lake Tahoe-- System of Internal Control
Everyone has a part in the internal control system at Hard Rock Casino. The roles vary depending upon what level of responsibility and the nature of involvement by the individual. Hard Rock Casino’ system of internal control integrates the activities, plans, attitudes, policies, skills and efforts of its associates working together to provide reasonable assurance that Hard Rock Casino will achieve its objectives and mission. Each Team Member is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of Hard Rock Casino