From the brand that rocks the world, a career that rocks yours!
The incumbent in this position is responsible for supervising all daily activities of the Surveillance Department, including training and ensuring the effective protection of assets and compliance with gaming regulations.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
- Assist in hiring, training, motivates, evaluates and supervises staff to ensure adequate staffing levels and that employees receive adequate guidance and resources to accomplish established objectives.
- Participate in any court actions relating to gaming violations in order to represent facts as obtained by department.
- Review and maintain daily log and reports to ensure that adequate and accurate information on surveillance activities are kept for future access.
- Report all observed violations of gaming regulations to the Surveillance Director in order to adhere to company reporting requirements and the Gaming Control Board.
- Perform job duties and responsibilities of Agent as required. See job description for Agent position.
- Perform Player evaluations via computer while furthering knowledge of surveillance operations.
- Rewind and change video tapes for each video recorder (number varies).
- Place removed tapes into storage racks.
- Set out video tapes for oncoming shift.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Must have ability to:
- Communicate effectively with agents, co-workers, as well as management.
- Look over players and observe cheating techniques, must have 20/20 corrected vision.
- Work on the casino floor, and may be subject to varying levels of noise, smoke, and crowds, the severity of which depends on customer volume.
- Demonstrate cheating techniques, operate computer equipment, etc.
Knowledge of gaming operations, rules and regulations. Knowledge and understanding of daily games, statistical games reports, and daily games reports. This knowledge and these abilities are typically acquired through the completion of a high school education, as well as through a minimum of two years surveillance experience. Previous supervisory experience is helpful.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Lake Tahoe.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.
The Hard Rock Casino Lake Tahoe-- System of Internal Control
Everyone has a part in the internal control system at Hard Rock Casino. The roles vary depending upon what level of responsibility and the nature of involvement by the individual. Hard Rock Casino’ system of internal control integrates the activities, plans, attitudes, policies, skills and efforts of its associates working together to provide reasonable assurance that Hard Rock Casino will achieve its objectives and mission. Each Team Member is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of Hard Rock Casino