From the brand that rocks the world, a career that rocks yours!
Assists in the implementation of events and promotions to ensure the department effectively stimulates customer patronage consistent with Hard Rock Casino Lake Tahoe’s marketing strategy.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
- Updating calendars.
- Executes promotions inside, and outside of the casino, assisting patrons participating in promotions.
- Assists in staffing special event registration areas.
- Keeps promotional materials ready by coordinating requirements with graphics department; inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Assists Events & Promotions Manager and Marketing Associates with daily duties
- Ensures that promotions/event areas are stocked with necessary supplies, decorations and secures items at conclusion of promotion/event.
- Ensures collateral material for promotions and events are displayed prior to and recovered at the conclusion of each project.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adhere to regulatory, departmental and company policies. Licensed and authorized to execute promotions on the gaming floor
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- All other duties as assigned by the Director of Casino Marketing and Events and Promotions Manager.
Must have ability to:
- Effectively communicate with all levels of employees as well as outside contacts.
- Proof and edit all marketing materials for which responsible.
- Develop, review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
- Perform and/or learn aspects of marketing that may, or may not, be included in this job description.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be detail oriented and have strong time management skills.
- Ability to make rational and clear decisions and to act quickly to solve problems in a timely manner
- Ability to meet people easily and to talk with them in a relaxed and friendly manner
- Ability to handle many tasks at one time
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
- Ability to obtain a Nevada Gaming license
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to climb stairs
- Must be able to lift 40lbs, must be able to occasionally push a 90lb cart.
- Ability to grasp, finger dexterity, use repetitive hand motion
- Ability to hear, speak, read, see and write
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Lake Tahoe.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
- Have knowledge of the Hotel’s programs to address problem gambling.
- Consults with the appropriate individuals and maintains and effective system of written policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure compliance with Nevada Gaming Regulations and Minimum Internal Control Standards.
- Takes the appropriate steps to investigate exceptions, fraud, and potential violations and report such instances to the appropriate levels of management.
- Reports any acts of wrongdoing on behalf of any staff member that they have knowledge of.
The Hard Rock Casino Lake Tahoe-- System of Internal Control
Everyone has a part in the internal control system at Hard Rock Casino. The roles vary depending upon what level of responsibility and the nature of involvement by the individual. Hard Rock Casino’ system of internal control integrates the activities, plans, attitudes, policies, skills and efforts of its associates working together to provide reasonable assurance that Hard Rock Casino will achieve its objectives and mission. Each Team Member is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of Hard Rock Casino Lake Tahoe.