From the brand that rocks the world, a career that rocks yours!
The incumbent in this position is responsible for protecting Company assets and performing surveillance duties to ensure State and Federal gaming laws and policies and procedures are being maintained in games, slots, cashiers, and soft and hard count rooms.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
- Observe and report any and all gaming violations and/or thefts of the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Lake Tahoe property and ensures that these are video taped.
- Operate monitor room equipment, including basic computer functions.
- Participate in court actions relating to gaming violations.
- Efficiency in using two blackjack card counting systems.
- Learn all games in use on property and all procedures and cheating indicators of such games.
- Write proper reports as needed.
- Read and understands Title 31 rules and laws.
- Respond to surveillance supervision and gaming control requests.
- Respond to requests of all other departments when necessary.
- Maintain a neat and organized work area.
- Perform work in an honest and trustworthy manner.
- Maintain confidentiality within the set guidelines.
- Perform Player evaluations via computer while furthering knowledge of surveillance operations, when necessary.
- Rewind and change video tapes for each video recorder (number varies).
- Place removed tapes into storage racks.
- Set out video tapes for oncoming shift.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Must have ability to:
- Spend part of shift working on casino floor, and is subject to varying levels of crowds, noise, and smoke, the severity of which depends on customer volume.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers and management.
- Work alone is often the case in this department.
- Sit for long periods of time.
- Observe and identify suspected cheaters and cheating techniques. Must have 20/20 corrected vision.
- Work in close quarters.
- Operate all Surveillance equipment.
- Perform basic mathematical and computer functions.
Knowledge of all table games. Good dexterity is needed to operate the equipment. Independent judgement that is in the best interest of the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Lake Tahoe. Good communication and telephone skills. Professional and investigative attitude.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Lake Tahoe.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.
The Hard Rock Casino Lake Tahoe-- System of Internal Control
Everyone has a part in the internal control system at Hard Rock Casino. The roles vary depending upon what level of responsibility and the nature of involvement by the individual. Hard Rock Casino’ system of internal control integrates the activities, plans, attitudes, policies, skills and efforts of its associates working together to provide reasonable assurance that Hard Rock Casino will achieve its objectives and mission. Each Team Member is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of Hard Rock Casino