From the brand that rocks the world, a career that rocks yours!
The incumbent in this position is responsible for providing timely and accurate financial information for internal and external use, and for maintaining and ascertaining the integrity of accounting records for the purpose of compiling, reconciling, adjusting and/or reclassifying accounting and operational information; analyzes assigned balance sheet accounts and maintains respective account folders.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
1. Gather and examine source information to verify balance sheets (bank accounts, cash, inventory, etc.) in order to reconcile all accounts and produce monthly summary statements.
2. Assist internal, contracted, and regulatory auditors in their examination of accounting records to ensure that auditors receive adequate information and interpretation for effective inspection of company records.
3. Review, analyze, and adjust financial statements of departments in order to ensure their accuracy.
4. Assist managers in the interpretation of departmental financial statements to ensure that adequate and accurate information is provided to promote understanding of the financial statements.
5. Prepare recurring journal entries and adjusts exceptional case entries to ensure most appropriate representation of data on the general ledger to provide accurate and timely financial reporting.
6. Assist department bookkeepers with daily and month-end journal entries of revenue to ensure accuracy and timeliness of information.
7. Assist in preparation of budgets, account analysis, and other statistical information.
Must have ability to:
Knowledge of general accounting procedures and related statutory requirements helpful. Knowledge of financial systems and proficiency with spreadsheet software helpful. These skills and abilities are typically acquired through the completion of a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field, as well as two years background in accounting procedures and financial statement preparation, and/or through the completion of a high school degree or equivalent and 5 years progressive accounting experience.
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
The Hard Rock Casino Lake Tahoe-- System of Internal Control
Everyone has a part in the internal control system at Hard Rock Casino. The roles vary depending upon what level of responsibility and the nature of involvement by the individual. Hard Rock Casino’ system of internal control integrates the activities, plans, attitudes, policies, skills and efforts of its associates working together to provide reasonable assurance that Hard Rock Casino will achieve its objectives and mission. Each Team Member is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of Hard Rock Casino