From the brand that rocks the world, a career that rocks yours!
The incumbent in this position is responsible for expediting all incoming calls in a timely and accurate manner, and responding to emergency situations, as well as handling guest messages and wake-up calls.
- Receive internal and external calls in order to answer questions, direct calls or provide general information.
- Log and distribute hotel guest, hotel management, and hotel executive’s messages, as well as handling of guest and wake-up calls.
- Meet department standards regarding dialogue and customer courtesy.
- Provide accurate information to appropriate authorities/departments during emergencies.
- Assist in-house guests with all request and challenges including but not limited to engineering challenges, housekeeping needs and general questions.
- Answer internal phone calls from food and beverage outlets with questions regarding charging privileges, room service amenities, and pre-authorization of charges.
- Process guest departure requests, including settling the bill, arranging and posting late check-out fee, and finalizing departure requests such as emailing or faxing the guest’s folio.
Must have ability to:
- Use all equipment associated with the position, including but not limited to computer keyboard, PBX NEC console system, Agilysys AS400, LMS property management system, and two-way radios and cellular phone equipment.
- Use a computer effectively to access, understand, and input customer information.
- Effectively communicate in English with customers and co-workers.
- Review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
- Operate in a working environment that is sedentary in nature and subject to varying levels of noise.
- Speak English.
Effective written and verbal communication skills required. These skills are typically acquired through two months of on-the-job training. Prior PBX experience helpful, but not required.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.
The Hard Rock Casino Lake Tahoe-- System of Internal Control
Everyone has a part in the internal control system at Hard Rock Casino. The roles vary depending upon what level of responsibility and the nature of involvement by the individual. Hard Rock Casino’ system of internal control integrates the activities, plans, attitudes, policies, skills and efforts of its associates working together to provide reasonable assurance that Hard Rock Casino will achieve its objectives and mission. Each Team Member is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of Hard Rock Casino