From the brand that rocks the world, a career that rocks yours!
The incumbent in this position is responsible for welcoming and providing service to guests of the hotel.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
- Assign guest accommodations in accordance with current procedures.
- Handle assigned bank properly and performs account postings.
- Maintain knowledge of hotel occupancy status, special events, in-house groups and other situations affecting the reception desk's daily operation.
- Accept same day and advance reservations as required.
- Process guest accounts upon check-out in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Maintain guest relations in a positive manner; refers guest to appropriate personnel if unable to satisfy guests' complaints.
- Enroll and encourage customers to use the Backstage Pass, which entails explaining how to use the card as well as the advantages of its use.
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of all company services and entertainment opportunities.
- Assist other departments with requirements they may have pertinent to hotel guests.
Must have ability to:
- Use all equipment associated with the position including but not limited to keyboards, telephones, fax machines, copiers and printers.
- Communicate effectively at all times with customers as well as all levels of employees.
- Move around the service desk effectively, pull up portfolios, reach across counter for customer transactions and retrieve and replace safety deposit boxes as needed.
- Effectively use a computer to access, understand and input customer information.
- Work in crowds and noise the severity of which depends upon customer volume.
Effective communication skills. The skills and abilities necessary for this position are typically acquired through the completion of a high school education or equivalent in addition to two months of on-the-job training or related experience.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Lake Tahoe.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.
The Hard Rock Casino Lake Tahoe-- System of Internal Control
Everyone has a part in the internal control system at Hard Rock Casino. The roles vary depending upon what level of responsibility and the nature of involvement by the individual. Hard Rock Casino’ system of internal control integrates the activities, plans, attitudes, policies, skills and efforts of its associates working together to provide reasonable assurance that Hard Rock Casino will achieve its objectives and mission. Each Team Member is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of Hard Rock Casino