From the brand that rocks the world, a career that rocks yours!
The incumbent in this position is responsible for stage set up and operating all A/V and lighting systems for all venues at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe during all shows and events and to ensure efficient execution of shows/events without any disruptions.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for specific positions.) The following duties and regulations will apply:
- Assist all load-in’s, set-ups, rehearsals, and shows for all events in the entertainment venues.
- Connect wires and cables to include setting up and packing away sound consoles, speakers, projectors, lighting consoles, lighting fixtures, video screens and spotlights.
- Responsible for running the equipment provided by specific performers.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of permanent installation items such as smart boards, large projectors, video feeds or computer networking systems.
- Maintain the audio, lighting and video systems. Make sure they are kept in a functional, safe working condition at all times.
- Support and maintain in-house audio-visual equipment.
- Support property facility personnel with projects outside of the entertainment venues.
- Set-up live events and presentations.
- Troubleshoot problem areas.
- Provide end-user and training assistance as needed.
- Work closely with the A/V Manager for the upkeep and maintenance of all technical equipment.
- Assist all touring personnel to include management, engineers and crew to accommodate their needs.
- Keep track of inventory list of all technical equipment to include lights, audio, video, chairs, and dressing room furnishings.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ability to communicate with all levels of Team Members.
- Must be able to effectively and efficiently move around work areas.
- This position is physical in nature and requires complete physical mobility, including but not limited to balancing, bending, carrying, climbing, crawling, reaching, squatting, twisting, lifting up to 100 pounds, and pushing/pulling up to 100 pounds. These actions are required in order to move around equipment and perform rigging and lighting duties.
- This position is subject to varying levels of noise, heat and smoke.
- Communicate and understand technical terminology.
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through the completion of a degree in Theater Arts, with a minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in stage, lighting and sound, or through a minimum of 5 years related experience. Must have excellent technical knowledge. Must have a flexible schedule to include weekends and after hours. Must have experience with Audio, Staging, Cabling and Lighting.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.
The Hard Rock Casino Lake Tahoe-- System of Internal Control
Everyone has a part in the internal control system at Hard Rock Casino. The roles vary depending upon what level of responsibility and the nature of involvement by the individual. Hard Rock Casino’ system of internal control integrates the activities, plans, attitudes, policies, skills and efforts of its associates working together to provide reasonable assurance that Hard Rock Casino will achieve its objectives and mission. Each Team Member is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of Hard Rock Casino