From the brand that rocks the world, a career that rocks yours!
This position is responsible for managing and executing all aspects of Entertainment and supporting the Marketing department in all aspects of music, brand & culture.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive.)
- Monitor and adjust music playlists, adapted to time of day and clientele and to reflect current Billboard, Top 40, and local trends.
- Filter, negotiate, book, promote, and produce entertainment. Work with booking agents, promoters and/or other business partners as needed.
- Establish and nurture relationships with celebrities and talents (bands, DJ’s, etc.).
- Organize and manage local events to showcase the property and brand while demonstrating music industry
- Manage entertainment budget and staff.
- Monitor performance and ticketing process to assure compliance with OSHA, Gaming Control Board, and other auditors.
- Run A/V and show-related systems during special events and entertainment across all venues.
- Set-up showroom and seating layouts for all entertainment events.
- Supervise, coordinate and schedule other entertainment events as needed.
- Execute and monitor of the Sound of Your Stay brand program at the property
- Monitor public areas for music, video, temperature, lighting, and scents. Develop programs and make alterations as needed.
- Build business/market share by creating new ways to promote the company that bring in business and incremental revenue, and by participating in events to increase awareness, sales and
- Work with internal departments to fulfill their special entertainment needs.
- Disperse knowledge and training to staff on music, memorabilia, and VIBE initiatives.
- Communicate and rollout VIBE programs to staff.
- Lead, manage, and develop memorabilia tours around the property.
- Execute entertainment compliance reporting and administrative tasks.
- Work with Marketing and other internal departments to ensure maximization of ticket sales and branding value of acts in association with the Hard Rock brand.
- Identify opportunities to improve property performance and to enhance guest experience through guest interactions and feedback.
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Requires full knowledge of all areas of music industry (national and local) and lifestyle hotel
- Ability to prioritize and work on several projects simultaneously.
- Command of various software programs – including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Understanding and ability to troubleshoot and run various audio/visual systems that are typically found in a showroom.
- Must possess strong communication and listening skills including excellent speaking, reading and
- Ability to communicate with and understand technical terminology used in live concerts.
- Ability to review and comprehend all necessary documentation, contracts, financials, and reporting.
- Relevant Bachelor's degree with a minimum of three years in a management position within an entertainment venue.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Ability to move throughout the hotel (standing, walking, kneeling, and bending) for extended periods of
- Ability to sit for extended periods of
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by
- Ability to regularly move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 50
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, smoke, and loud/noisy
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE ISSUES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Lake Tahoe.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
- Have knowledge of the Hotel’s programs to address problem gambling.
- Consults with the appropriate individuals and maintains and effective system of written policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure compliance with Nevada Gaming Regulations and Minimum Internal Control Standards.
- Takes the appropriate steps to investigate exceptions, fraud, and potential violations and report such instances to the appropriate levels of management.
- Reports items addressed by the “Compliance Questionnaire” as they occur to the Compliance Officer or his designate.
- Reports any acts of wrongdoing on behalf of any staff member that they have knowledge of.
HARD ROCK HOTEL AND CASINO LAKE TAHOE – INTERNAL SYSTEMS OF COMPLIANCE
Everyone has a part in the internal control system at Hard Rock Casino. The roles vary depending upon what level of responsibility and the nature of involvement by the individual. The Hard Rock Casino system of internal control integrates the activities, plans, attitudes, policies, skills and efforts of its associates working together to provide reasonable assurance that Hard Rock Casino will achieve its objectives and mission. Each Team Member is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of Hard Rock Casino.