From the brand that rocks the world, a career that rocks yours!
The incumbent in this position is responsible for directing all aspects of accounting for the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Lake Tahoe in accordance with corporate policy and Nevada State Regulations; responsible for supporting the achievement of revenue and income objectives, market share and customer service objectives; establishes departmental policies and procedures; develops and monitors all departmental budgets to ensure their profitable operation. Management functions within General & Administrative include: Accounting and Finance.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
1. Hire, retain, motivate, evaluate and directs general and administrative staff, ensuring employees receive adequate guidance and resources to accomplish established objectives.
2. Review activities in the general and administrative areas, in order to gauge and improve staffing levels, working conditions and other matters which influence quality guest service and profitability.
3. Establish department standards, guidelines and objectives and maintains other administrative processes such as budget and staffing to ensure proper planning and efficient operation of assigned areas.
4. Monitor and evaluates all reporting departments in order to ensure the proper planning for short and long-term strategies.
5. Review strengths and weaknesses of all general and administrative functions, in orderto most effectively implement changes to improve operations and most efficiently allocate resources.
6. Analyze daily cash flow, forecasts sources and uses of cash, and initiates cash management activities to position property in advantageous financial position.
7. Review cash disbursements to ensure propriety, reasonableness, and compliance with established procedures, and releases disbursements or investigates and resolves discrepancies.
8. Manage the preparation of and reviews financial reports to ensure reasonableness and completeness, and releases reports or directs revision of reports.
9. Review and interpret unusual transactions or unexpected financial results to determine the appropriate accounting treatment.
10. Conduct him/her in a professional, courteous and responsive manner, which reflects positively on Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Lake Tahoe.
Must have ability to:
Thorough knowledge of all accounting procedures and regulations as they apply to the state and the gaming industry. Understanding of corporate and property-specific policies and procedures.
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through the completion of a bachelors degree in accounting or closely related field (CPA preferred), in addition to a minimum of seven years progressive experience in all aspects of accounting. Previous managerial experience preferred.
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
The Hard Rock Casino Lake Tahoe-- System of Internal Control
Everyone has a part in the internal control system at Hard Rock Casino. The roles vary depending upon what level of responsibility and the nature of involvement by the individual. Hard Rock Casino’ system of internal control integrates the activities, plans, attitudes, policies, skills and efforts of its associates working together to provide reasonable assurance that Hard Rock Casino will achieve its objectives and mission. Each Team Member is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of Hard Rock Casino