From the brand that rocks the world, a career that rocks yours!
This position is responsible for overall (front of the house) food services and functions of the assigned food outlet, including monitoring of the budget, and staffing issues. Participates in employee development, assists in establishing department standards, guidelines and objectives while helping to maintain the internal control measures necessary for operational efficiency.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
- Supervise, motivate, and encourage the staff to openly communicate their suggestions, problems and needs in hiring and evaluating restaurant personnel.
- General Manager prepares employee schedules to ensure the proper staffing level for service and labor control.
- Evaluate performance of the restaurant by monitoring guest satisfaction and building customer relations.
- Conduct inspections of front-of-the-house areas to ensure compliance with procedures, security of company assets and guest and employee safety.
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints in order to maintain positive customer relations.
Must have ability to:
- Operate in a working environment that is subject to varying levels of crowds and noise, the severity of which depends upon customer volume.
- Perform the various positions within the restaurant and room service area.
- Communicate effectively at all times, with customers as well as all levels of employees.
- Observe and direct actions of subordinates, monitor all activity within the dining room and to inspect and maintain areas for which responsible.
- Perceive customers look of distress or unhappiness to ascertain problems and deal with them before they become a detriment to our service.
- Review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
- Effectively and efficiently move around the dining room area.
- Link scheduling to customer flow.
- Monitor and control cash flow and security of assets.
- Maintain bar operations.
- Knowledge of various positions within the restaurant, e.g., host person, bus person, food server, bartender, cocktail server, etc.
- Knowledge of and previous experience with financial planning and analysis.
- Knowledge of and experience with operational planning and analysis.
- Familiarity with effective food service techniques and sales strategies.
- Knowledge of food, food product and food preparation.
- Knowledge of service, service etiquette and standard service practices for full service restaurants.
- Knowledge of standard safety and sanitation practices for food and beverage service.
- Extensive knowledge of wines and alcoholic beverages a must.
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through the completion of a bachelors degree in hotel and restaurant management or related field in addition a wide variety of hands-on experience, special training, apprenticeships, internships and seminars, typically acquired through a minimum of five years progressive managerial experience in the food and beverage industry, or through completion of a high school education and ten years of related experience.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Lake Tahoe.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.
The Hard Rock Casino Lake Tahoe-- System of Internal Control
Everyone has a part in the internal control system at Hard Rock Casino. The roles vary depending upon what level of responsibility and the nature of involvement by the individual. Hard Rock Casino’ system of internal control integrates the activities, plans, attitudes, policies, skills and efforts of its associates working together to provide reasonable assurance that Hard Rock Casino will achieve its objectives and mission. Each Team Member is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of Hard Rock Casino