The Laundry Attendant is responsible for collecting and washing the used and dirty linens from guests, rooms and other parts of the hotels.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
- Counting and collecting the linens from different parts of the hotel.
- Wash, dry, iron and fold collected linens.
- Deliver the clean linen back to the respective places in which it was collected.
- Maintain a record of the inventory of cleaning products.
- Clean and maintain the laundry equipment and laundry carts.
- Inform supervisor of any missing articles.
Must have ability to:
- Able to work independently.
- Carry heavy loads of linen around the hotel to the laundry department.
- Understand the usage of the equipment to include washing machines and dryers.
- Work in an environment where it is wet and humid.
- Stand, walk, and remain on feet and perform duties throughout entire shift.
One year laundry experience preferred.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Lake Tahoe.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.